Monday, April 17, 2006

Tootie's Craftsmanship


Dear Stitchery Friends… Okay – this is my little moment of fame and bragdom . . .

I sewed the darling little Easter dress above for my daughter using my beloved Tootie (my 222K Featherweight for those of you who don’t know), which name came by way of the help of my friend Karen a long time ago. 221, 222K – lotsa twos – so, I’ve officially named her Tootie.


Anyway, yes, back to the dress. Completely made on Tootie with the aid of the Singer Fashion Aids…. { Karen – PLEASE help me with links… this is where I NEED them! } Pintucks, blind hem, etc… this was quite the fun project - and I am oh, so proud of myself. My goal now is one for me by Mother's Day ~ we'll see on that one.

I felt the need to photograph Tootie for you, so you could at least meet this beautiful Singer creation and know my sewing point of reference. However, I will be elaborating on her bells and whistles at a later time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Sweet Pea looks beautiful.

You did an incredible job on the dress. The photo doesn't do it justice-- the pintucks, the pockets, the works.

R said...

Karen ~ heehee is RIGHT! I love your new "side photo" (and MINE too!) You do an awesome job at this...