Friday, April 17, 2009

A Calgon Moment


Remember the old commercial adage, "Calgon, take me awaaaaay"... well, at the completion of getting this set put together as a gift for a friend's 11-year-old daughter it made me think of that old expression. It's hard to believe that I've known Minnieme since she was only 2-years-old. Where have the last nine years gone?!? In another nine years, she will be 20 - AAAAaaack!

Anyway, this is for her birthday.

Top: Ottobre 04/04, #36 size 140 (approx. size 12)
Leggings: Ottobre 04/04, #38 size 140
Eyemask: A self-draft from Karen
Basket: A variation of this one. (I used a 15 inch square and cut 5 inch corners rather than 3 1/2 so it would stand deeper.) Everything is knit, including the basket, but I added enough interfacing for stability.



Sleeve hem, neckline and leggings hem are all trimmed in pink picot-edged elastic. It makes for a soft, feminine touch and super easy to do.





3 comments:

ONLARUYURKEN said...

süper

Kath said...

What a cute idea. You should sell these. Don't know how much the total cost is to you, but you could sell these baskets for $50 as Mother's Day gifts. Very cute.

April said...

Thanks, Kath! While I won't be taking it up as a hobby to sell them - tell, Bob... I'd do it for you! :)